Практикум по английскому языку для специальности «Юриспруденция», Хан Г.О., Ушакова Е.Б., 2005.
Фрагмент из книги.
Unit 2. SOMEONE HAD TAKEN IT
ГОпе day a few years ago a very funny thing happened to a neighbor of mine. He is a lecturer at one of London's big medical schools. He had finished his teaching for the summer term and was at the airport on his way to Romania to give a lecture on anatomy.
He had packed a few clothes and his lecture notes in his hand luggage but he had put Rupert, the skeleton he uses in his lectures, in a large brown suitcase. At the check-in desk, he realized he had forgotten to buy a newspaper. He left his suitcase near the desk and went over to the kiosk.
When he got back he discovered that someone had taken his suitcase. He often wonders what they said when they opened it and found Rupert._________________
1 Write the events in the correct order.
1. He went to the airport.
2. While he was away, someone took his suitcase.
3. He finished his teaching for the summer term.
4. He packed Rupert, his skeleton, in a suitcase.
5. He went to buy a newspaper.
2 In pairs, answer the questions.
1. Why was he free to go to Romania?
2. Where had he put Rupert?
3. Why did he go to the kiosk?
4. Where did he leave the suitcase?
5. What did he discover when he got back?