Hot Topics, Instructors Manual for Books 1-2-3, Cheryl Pavlik, Chase R.T.
Hot Topics is guaranteed to engage readers, stimulate thinking, and provoke conversation while developing vocabulary and reading skills. The controversial topics explored in the text all have more than one side to them, thus encouraging debate and classroom interaction.
Analyze (Page 16)
1. Similar: Violent riots; cars were burned; destructive; both following sporting events
Different: People injured in Russia; people not injured in Columbus. People died in Russia; no one died in Columbus. Russian riot due to loss; Ohio students celebrating a win.
2. Russians think showing the match on an outdoor screen caused the riot.
3. Similar: Both are international competitions. Different: Olympic fans are different from soccer fans: Riots and fights never happen at the Olympics, while they are common at soccer matches.
4. Yes; in their song they mention throwing botdes and their song is threatening.
Read It (Page 7)
1. a. People watch the programs to be part of the in crowd.
b. Some people think that only people who are unintelligent watch reality television.
2. People who watch reality television were more competitive than people who don't watch it; People who enjoy reality television generally agreed with statements such as, “Prestige is important to me." and “I am impressed with designer clothes.”
Цена: 753 руб. Купить
Big and small, up and down, hot and cold and many more! See how many opposites you can learn with this fantastic activity book, packed full of colourful stickers for hours of fun. Bloomsbury Activity Books provide hours of colouring, doodling, stickering and activity fun for boys and girls alike. Every book includes enchanting, bright and beautiful illustrations which children and parents will find very hard to resist. Perfect for providing entertainment at home or on the move!
Цена: 176 руб. Купить
Новое издание Майкла Голденкова, автора нашумевших книг "Осторожно, hot dog", "Свежий "hot dog", "Street's english" и др., является продолжением исследований разговорного английского. Оно поможет вам правильно ориентироваться в американском сленге, освоить грамматику, верно употреблять крылатые выражения и, вместе с тем, здорово повеселиться. 2-е издание.
Цена: 1782 руб. Купить
Comprising three course books, this series is aimed at university students in all disciplines who require instruction in completing academic writing tasks. Through extensive use of examples, model texts, and practical activities, the course develops the essential skills needed to compose texts which meet the expectations of an academic reader. Academic Writing Skills 3 addresses higher-level academic features, such as understanding essay prompts, research, paragraph cohesion, logical connections, and effective sentence building. It is appropriate for students wishing to focus on specific essay types that require the use and integration of sources to complete academic writing tasks. Academic Writing Skills 3 Teacher's Manual has two parts: Part 1: Lesson plans for each part of each unit Part 2: The answer key to the exercises